I use Huawei Watch GT long time and few weeks back i switched to Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro. But there is no official way how to install custom watchfaces to Huawei Watch GT, Watch GT 2, Watch GT 2e and Watch GT 2 Pro. In this article i will show you step by step tutorial, how you can install your own watchfaces. Every step is important, please read carefully.
Important – there are two tutorials, depend on manufacturer of your device. Huawei and Honor smartphones comes with Huawei Mobile Services from the factory so you cannot use modded version of Huawei Health application. For now you are not able to install custom watchfaces with iOS devices.
Tutorial for all Android smartphones except Huawei and Honor (like Sony, Samsung, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Alcatel, Oppo, Realme and many others)
1. download and install this version of Huawei Health
2. start uploading custom watchfaces to your Huawei Watch (all generations)
3. working on all Android smartphones except Honor and Huawei (because of Huawei Mobile Services integration)
4. with this version of Huawei Health you can install multiple custom watchfaces
Tutorial for all Huawei and Honor smartphones
1. create Chinese Huawei ID (use email registration)
2. download and install Huawei Health (before this step remove original Health app)
3. don’t update Huawei Health application, pair your phone with your watch
4. set phone language to English, go to Wachfaces, disable Themes service
5. once again go to Watchfaces, enable Themes service and upload your custom watchface
Important notes – you need to repeat steps 4 and 5 every time you want to upload new watchface. If you make all steps and you are not able to install custom watchfaces, check if you have correct version Huawei Health application (go to About, you need version 10.0.1.021). Also check if you have Chinese Huawei ID – open Huawei Health application and check if you have five tabs here. I attach screenshots for reference, on the right side you can see right status, on the left side is wrong.